Tuesday, April 29, 2014

#72 BOB DIDIER


FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
#72 BOB DIDIER
ATLANTA BRAVES 1969-1972

Light hitting catcher Bob Didier had his best year with the Braves during their division championship season of 1969. During 1970 and 1971, his playing time was more scarce, but I seem to remember him catching Hoyt Wilhelm when Bob was 22 and Hoyt was 52 or something like that which they made a big deal of at the time.  My memory on the Didier/Wilhelm thing may be a little hazy, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Interesting that Bob's 1972 Topps card above has him trying to tag out Cleon Jones at the plate because I then found this 1969 playoff picture with Bob searching for the ball as Cleon Jones slides into home. So what's up with Bob and Cleon Jones?


No comments:

Post a Comment