Monday, April 28, 2014

#73 JOE HOERNER


#73 JOE HOERNER
ATLANTA BRAVES 1972-1973

Joe Hoerner is a real reach to be on this list at all, even at number 99. His two season with the Atlanta Braves resulted in earned run averages of over six runs per game. Which is kind of funny when you consider the years leading up to his time with the Braves featured three years with ERAs under two! Well, this isn't a career list and despite a very good career ERA of 2.99, Joe only manages to come in at #99 on the favorite player of the 70's poll.

Joe Hoerner died in 1996 at the age of 59.

This just in: I noticed that I had a ticket stub to one of the first games I ever went to: July 23, 1972. Final Score: Braves 3 Cardinals 2 and Joe Hoerner was the winning pitcher!.

I'm glad I included him on the list now and I'll even move him up a bit to #73.






No comments:

Post a Comment