Friday, December 5, 2014

BO McLAUGHLIN

ALPHABETIC LIST OF
THE 50 BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
WHO DIDN'T MAKE MY ORIGINAL 100 FAVORITE PLAYER LIST

#35 BO McLAUGHLIN
ATLANTA BRAVES 1978


I remember when the Braves got Bo McLaughlin from the Astros for Frank Lacorte. It seemed like a good trade at the time, as Lacorte was never very good with the Braves, but Lacorte proceeded to have a couple of good seasons with the Astros and McLaughlin only won one game for the Braves. That stat surprised me when I looked it up. I remember McLaughlin pretty well...tall...curly hair...I really thought he won more than once for the Braves! But that's it. His only win was for the Braves was in a relief appearance against the Astros on September 19, 1979 against the Astros and Frank LaCorte! I wonder if the McLaughlin for LaCorte swap is the only major league trade between players where both have a name with a lower case second letter and upper case third letter. But I'm not wondering too hard. 

McLaughlin may be best known to some baseball fans as the guy who had his cheekbone and eye-socket broken by a Harold Baines line drive while Bo was a member of the A's.

I really want to know what Bo
is looking at in this picture




No comments:

Post a Comment