Saturday, December 20, 2014

LARRY WHISENTON

ALPHABETIC LIST OF
THE 50 BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
WHO DIDN'T MAKE MY ORIGINAL 100 FAVORITE PLAYER LIST

#50 LARRY WHISENTON
ATLANTA BRAVES 1977-1982


Almost all of Larry Whisenton's career contributions as a major leaguer came as a role player and pinch-hitter during the Braves division winning year of 1982. During the 70's, Larry had only thirteen hits over three seasons. I'll just call his most significant hit of the decade his first one on September 26, 1977, an RBI pinch-hit single off future Brave Bo McLaughlin of Houston.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the final post for this season. I've learned or re-learned a lot of minutiae about the Braves from this decade for better or for worse. And I have enjoyed the journey. I do know when I start the 80's list of players, I'm just going to list everybody because including every single player that wore a Brave uniform is half the fun. 

I miss the 70's already, but am looking forward to looking at the 80's.

See you (assuming there is anyone out there) next spring training!


In the meantime, feel free to partake in
the consumption of your favorite beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment