Friday, July 4, 2014

#6 BIFF POCOROBA


FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
#6 BIFF POCOROBA
ATLANTA BRAVES 1975-1984

Random thoughts on Biff Pocoroba

1. Obviously his name, which inspired the Pittsburgh organist to play the theme from Batman when he came to the plate.

2. The fact that he played all ten of his seasons with Braves. 

3. Starter, pinch-hitter, sometime switch hitter. He kept popping up for the Braves during this time in many different roles.

4. Selected for the '78 All-Star game despite only playing in 92 games and hitting .242 that year.

5. My favorite Pocoroba moment was a grand slam homer off of Pete Falcone in St. Louis on June 7, 1978. It was a rare righty home run for Biff.




1 comment:

  1. I told my friend about that grand slam. He didn't believe me and then he looked it up. I could swear that I saw this on an ABC rather than TBS broadcast. Do you remember that by any chance?

    ReplyDelete