Friday, November 7, 2014

DON CARDWELL

ALPHABETIC LIST OF THE
50 BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
WHO DIDN'T MAKE MY ORIGINAL 
100 FAVORITE PLAYER LIST

#7 DON CARDWELL
ATLANTA BRAVES 1970

I'm sure if you had asked Don Cardwell his career highlight, he would probably have said his no-hitter for the Cubs against the Cardinals in 1960. I watched the last inning of that game on YouTube, which I admit I found to be kind of cool.

Don only spent the last fourteen games of his fourteen year career with the Braves and interestingly his last win as a starting pitcher was a three-hit shut-out against the same Cubs he threw a no-hitter for ten years earlier. There's a bit of symmetry there if you look hard enough.

I definitely had one (if not more) of Don's 1970 baseball card below.


Don passed away in 2008 at the age of 72.

No comments:

Post a Comment