Sunday, June 22, 2014

#18 FELIX MILLAN



FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
#18 FELIX MILLAN
ATLANTA BRAVES 1966-1972

A 3-time All-Star with Atlanta, Felix "The Kitten" Millan was the very solid second baseman for the Braves during the first couple of seasons I watched the team. He was then traded (Another bad Braves trade of the 70's) to the Mets in 1973 with George Stone for Gary Gentry and Danny Frisella. One thing I remember about Felix was the way he really choked up on the bat. This made him a pretty good contact hitter, but he didn't normally generate much power. However, I do remember on September 5, 1971 when Felix hit a home run off Ed Acosta which cleared the giant wall at San Diego stadium. I remember it as one of the longest homers I'd ever seen, though I think that's just my memory playing tricks on me. It was one of only two home runs he hit that year in 635 plate appearances.







No comments:

Post a Comment