Friday, June 13, 2014

#27 ROD GILBREATH



FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
#27 ROD GILBREATH
ATLANTA BRAVES 1973-1979

Utilityman! That's what I think of when I think of Rod Gilbreath. And if you asked me to give you an example of a utilityman, I would probably bring up Gilbreath's name quickly. Rod mostly played second and third over parts of his seven seasons in the majors (All with the Braves). I couldn't believe when I looked it up that Gilbreath was only 26 when his career ended. Seems like he played so many years. Time really is slower when you are young. 

His best season was 1977 when he played fairly regularly and belted 8 home runs. The biggest homer was probably a ninth inning game winning grand slam off Don Sutton at Dodger Stadium on August 12, 1975.



No comments:

Post a Comment