Tuesday, June 10, 2014

#30 FRANK TEPEDINO


FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1970'S
#30 FRANK TEPEDINO
ATLANTA BRAVES 1973-1975

Once again, I'm not rating these players by their career statistics. I'm just trying to quantify my favorites. Why do I like Frank "The Brooklyn Basher" Tepedino so much? I'm not sure, he's just one of those names that comes up about every ten years and I'll say, "Frank Tepedino, I remember him!" What I mostly remember is his .304 year in 1973. Perhaps part of it was in only his second Brave appearance he knocked in 4 runs. This was also in the June 13, 1973 game against Pittsburgh where the Braves won 18-3, one of my all-time favorite Brave games.

This just in: In later years, Frank became a firefighter and was one of the first responders after the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center.



No comments:

Post a Comment