Friday, June 19, 2015

#33 and #34 BIFF POCOROBA

FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1980'S
#33 and #34 BIFF POCOROBA
ATLANTA BRAVES 1975-1984


Biff the promising rookie on his
1976 card

Well, I messed up my counting system in listing these players, so I've had to list this player twice to even out the list. But who better to have a schizophrenic listing than Biff Pocoroba? Biff was one of my favorites during the 70's and even reached #5 on my 70's list of favorite players!

But for the 80's, I can't justify ranking him nearly so high, so I'll give him this double ranking for what it's worth.

Biff's 80's highlight had to be a game winning homer in the bottom of the ninth off Doug Bair of the Cardinals on May 14, 1982.

Biff the veteran, from his 1984 Fleer card,
his final season

Biff being Biff





No comments:

Post a Comment