Sunday, June 7, 2015

#46 BOB WALK

FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1980'S
#46 BOB WALK
ATLANTA BRAVES 1981-1983




It may not have been the best idea for the Braves to have traded Garry Matthews to the Phillies for Bob Walk, but Bob did make a contribution as a starter during the Braves 1982 division winning team, winning 11 games. His only career Brave shutout, was a five-hitter against the Houston Astros on June 15, 1982.

It's interesting to me that ten years after that '82 season, Bob pitched against the Braves during the 1992 NLCS as a member of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Talking about Bob Walk, reminded me
of former NBA player Neal Walk, whose 1970
card reminded me that the oversized TOPPS set
from that year is my all-time favorite basketball
set.

Of course, the best card from
that set is the rookie Pete Maravich,
my all-time favorite basketball player!
But I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment