Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#106 MIKE LUM

FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1980'S
#106 MIKE LUM
ATLANTA BRAVES 1967-1975, 1979-1981





AND ON THE LIST WITHIN A LIST...
COMING IN AT #4 ON THE
"BRAVES GUYS I INCLUDED IN THE 70'S LIST AND WASN'T GOING TO INCLUDE ON THE 80'S LIST BUT NOW I HAVE TO SINCE I DECIDED TO LIST EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT WORE A BRAVES UNIFORM DURING THE 1980'S"

Mike gets points from me for a lot of reasons. He hit a home run in the first game I ever went to in 1971, was an amateur magician and who couldn't like someone nicknamed "Hawaiian Punch?" Mike's second run with the Braves was mostly as a pinch-hitter. Mike's only hit his last season with the Braves was a pinch-hit single off the Dodgers on April 28, 1981. I'd like to tell you it was a game-winning hit, but that wouldn't be the truth. We still like Mike, anyway.

Some consider this a Larry Hisle rookie card.
I consider it a Mike Lum rookie card.
Decide for yourself!
"How 'bout a nice Hawaiian punch?"


No comments:

Post a Comment