Monday, April 6, 2015

#108 LARVELL BLANKS

FAVORITE BRAVES PLAYERS OF THE 1980'S
#108 LARVELL BLANKS
ATLANTA BRAVES 1972-1975, 1980


I couldn't find an 80's picture of Larvell Blanks, but I do
like his 1973 rookie card that also features a clean-shaven
Dave Lopes.
AND ON THE LIST WITHIN A LIST...
COMING IN AT #6 ON THE
"BRAVES GUYS I INCLUDED IN THE 70'S LIST AND WASN'T GOING TO INCLUDE ON THE 80'S LIST BUT NOW I HAVE TO SINCE I DECIDED TO LIST EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT WORE A BRAVES UNIFORM DURING THE 1980'S"

Larvell "Sugar Bear" Blanks had some moderately productive years during the mid 70's for the Braves and the Indians, but I had pretty much forgotten that he was reacquired by Atlanta for the 1980 season, which proved to be his last. The highlight of Larvell's final season had to be a game-winning 10th inning homer against Bob Shirley of the Padres on April 22, 1980. "It might be! It could be! It's outta here! A game winning home run for Larvell "Sugar Bear" Blanks!" 

The other "Sugar Bear"



No comments:

Post a Comment